A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME
Hi there. My name is Dave Fox. I’ve gradually built this tiny business up over the years starting with my wife’s first childminding website. I now have many websites out there, hopefully all bringing business to childminders and nurseries around the UK. I keep my prices low but my quality high and I’m always here when my customers want me with prompt and friendly help. Thank you for your support :)
If you are an existing customer click here for special upgrades to your website including a mobile version, gallery, Facebook or Twitter feed, guest book, hit counter and other extra pages.
If you have a website with me already but feel it’s a little old now or you want a change then you can even swap your old website for a shiny new one!
Websites For Childminders and Nurseries
Terms And Conditions
• These terms are very simple and just outline a few key points.
• The deposit is non-
• Final payment will be asked for after customer is happy with finished website or if I feel that a sufficient period has passed between completion and amendments that closure is needed (should a customer take too long deciding the amendments for example).
• Payment for a completed website must be paid within 14 days of date of completion. Failure to do so will mean the website is taken off line. If payment still has not been met after 28 days then the website, domain, hosting and associated email addresses will be cancelled and will no longer be accessible via the internet. Legal action will then proceed.
• Payment for any ‘paid-
• By completing the final payment you are automatically agreeing that all wording on the website, either yours or mine, is correct and is totally suitable to your setting.
• Once paid for you can cancel your website at any time. You are not held to any length of time and no money will be taken after the year has passed if you do not choose to keep your website or decide you do not want it anymore. No refunds can be given however once website has been accepted and paid for.
• If you decide you do not want your website anymore then please back-
• No credit card or account details will ever be asked for. Payment is by PayPal, cheque or bank transfer only.
• Your date for renewal the following year starts from the date I register your domain, not from the day the site goes ‘live’. If you have your own domain then the date for renewal will be the date that I start work on your website.
• During the year you have up to 3 small updates should you require them. These are free but are not carried over to the next year.
• Each year thereafter, in order to keep your website up and running for a further
year, a small fee of £70 will be asked for. This covers your domain name, hosting
• If, after the year has passed, you want to remove the website but still keep the domain name until you need it again, I charge a £10 per year holding fee for the domain name only.
• If you are thinking of changing your website to a different design (as per my offer on the ‘Existing Customers’ page), you must still pay the yearly fee when it comes round as this is a separate offer and cannot be used in conjunction.
• If you have a mobile site with me as well there will be an extra small charge of £10 per year.
• If you change your email address during your time with me please let me know asap as I may need to contact you, especially near the end of our agreement. If you change your email and do not contact me there is a danger that your website will be cancelled as I will not be able to contact you to discuss options.
• If you have ordered a top level domain name such as .com or .net etc there will be an extra charge of £30 per year as these are more expensive than .co.uk. This £30 will also be added to the initial website cost.
• On renewing your website the payment must be received 7 days prior to due date (due date meaning the date the domain was registered on).
• If the 7 day payment period (as stated above) is missed, the domain and hosting package will be cancelled and will no longer be accessible via the internet. All corresponding email addresses will also be cancelled. The said domain and its associated hosting and email addresses can be reactivated by paying the yearly fee in full plus a further £10 administration cost. It will also be backdated to the date it should have been paid by.
• If any enquiry forms and/or email addresses associated with your domain stop working, you must contact me immediately. Customers can not be compensated for potential loss of earnings due to technical faults.
• I reserve the right to act in the interest of mychildcare.co.uk and terminate the agreement including any websites/domains/hosting without warning if I feel that inappropriate activity has taken place within your setting.
• I reserve the right to terminate the agreement including any websites/domains/hosting etc due to unacceptable behaviour or language towards me on behalf of the customer. This includes intimidation, bullying and excessive demands.
• If I design you a website that is not one of my standard templates, I reserve the right to make it into a new template to offer other customers.
• If you have more than one website with me, no updates or renewals will go ahead unless all payments are up to date.
• All updates are carried out by myself and as such there will be no access to my server by customers.
• Mychildcare.co.uk may on occasions use your website for promotional purposes within it’s own web space or on it’s Facebook and Twitter page.
• A link to mychildcare.co.uk will be placed at the bottom of every web page of your site.
• If you do not own a domain name and I register one for you then the domain name will be the property of mychildcare.co.uk. A transfer over to you can be done on request. You would then own the domain and take over the payment for it.
• All websites are optimised to work best with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or FireFox and as such the use of these browsers is encouraged. You may find that they also work well with other browsers too, but this cannot be guaranteed. Please note that some aspects of your website may not work correctly on mobile devices.
• If I have supplied the domain name then I can also supply you with an email address
that matches your domain name should you want one. I will set up the email address
on my servers and then supply you with the relevant password and username. This will
be a POP 3 email address and can be set up to work on the majority of email clients
using the information that I provide. I cannot talk you through how to set up your
email address at your end as it all depends on the program you are using and your
current internet service provider. You will need to follow any set-
• It is not recommended to use third party professional SEO companies to further enhance your search engine ranking chances. Due to the nature of my website code it is difficult for anybody else to alter it. Therefore any SEO company would want me to do the changes for them, some of which may not be possible. If you still want to go ahead then I would have to charge in advance for any work that needed to be carried out for them by me. I also cannot guarantee any of this work.
• I do not send receipts unless asked for. This is because the majority of my customers pay via PayPal and will be sent a receipt through them.
Security and Data Protection:
• I am registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) -
• All customers using my services should be subject to their own policy on ‘Acceptable use of Electronic Communications’.
• Children featured on photos should be subject to the customers own standard ‘Parental Permission for Photos’ policy.
• My hosting company provides the emails that correspond to the domain names. Their security and data protection policies can be found here:
• I use a third party company to handle most of the email forms on my websites -
• Any changes to these terms will be posted here, so be sure to check back periodically.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with latest developments.
I update regularly with links to all my latest websites and updates.